Telstra Kids Fund is an initiative of the Telstra Foundation, offering a $1,200 grant for a local community project that helps kids to play and learn. One million dollars in Telstra Kids grants are allocated each year.
Telstra Kids allocates $1,200 grants to community projects that:
- benefit kids in Australia
- are delivered by a local non-profit group
- are nominated by an eligible Telstra employee
- are implemented in a local community.
The focus is on ‘grassroots’, small-scale local projects delivered by local non-profit groups. Here are some examples:
- arts and culture projects — including musical instruments, art supplies and rock eisteddfods
- education projects — including language programs, playground upgrades and toys
- nature based and environmental projects — including plants for playgrounds, veggie patches and frog bogs
- health and wellbeing projects — including physical therapy programs, nutrition programs, health education and shade sails
- sports and recreation projects — including sports equipment, camping gear, sports uniforms and activity days.
If your Scout Group has a good project idea, talk to a local Telstra employee. Applications open October 2016 and will only remain open for a limited time so start thinking through your idea and gathering supporting information.
To find out more, visit the Telstra Kids Fund website.